Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Mantle {pt. 4 | Christmas Decor '13}

Part 4 of my Christmas Decor '13 blog series (pt. 1 | pt. 2 | pt. 3 | pt. 4) showcases our Christmas Mantle. I wanted to keep our mantle simple and functional (due to the placement of our TV), yet still tie it into the rest of our home's Christmas decor...

One of the first Christmas decor items I bought from Target this season was their "Noel" pillow (they're not available online, but you MIGHT find some in stores if they haven't already sold out by now). Early on I decided that I wanted a white/gold/red/burlap color scheme, and this pillow definitely fell in line with my vision (I also intentionally wanted to keep any decorative Christmas wording limited to words like "peace", "joy", "noel", etc. versus anything Santa/holiday related - just a personal preference!). I love how it ended up "popping" against our olive green chair that we found at Ross earlier this year. 


Our stockings were about the only Christmas decor item I owned before we got married. They're made by Mud Pie, a brand my church's gift shop often carries. They originally came with a sparkly white snowflake, but I chose to switch it out for a red ornament to give our overall mantle a pop of color. I finished it off with some gold mesh to help fill the stocking and add some sparkle. Next year I'm thinking about personalizing these stockings somehow with either our names or initials. 


Pinecones are such a great vase filler for fall/winter, especially when covered in "snow." These came from Target, and the red berries came from Hobby Lobby. I really love how this arrangement turned out - another great pop of red for the mantle, while the white pinecones pop against our neutral wall and tie in with the white pillow, stockings & chevron ribbon. 


I think of all the ornaments I bought this year, these red disco balls (from Hobby Lobby) were my favorite! I used some on our tree, some for decor filler around the house, and both of our stockings.


Hobby Lobby had the right-sized pre-lit garland for our mantle that I wrapped in burlap/white chevron ribbon (also from Hobby Lobby) to make it look more decorative. This ribbon was also a great way to bring in a pattern to the overall mantle look. 


Part of the reason I wanted to keep our mantle somewhat simple was to avoid competition and overload with our decorative wall. You can see the details of that space here


One more post to go in this blog series! It's been fun sharing my Christmas home decor with you! Thanks for stopping by!







No comments:

Post a Comment